Tuesday, September 13, 2005

1st Retail Jobbie~

I found out that I got a retail job today~ Finally... my step into the industry~ And perhaps before I start my design course, I could work for Country Road logistics too! or even be their purchaser since I am trained in logistics~ *beamz* Maybe I am one step closer to my dream than I thought... As someone once said, the purpose of going to university is to equip you to be an entrepreneur...

Of coz, not everyone may agree with it, but it works for me... I like to think that way and in many ways I do relate to it. i've seen myself looking at my dad's companyin very different perspective and how my uncle's textile/retail industry can improve. But I cant voice out when i do not have such relevant experience. And I cannot convince my dad that I really want to be in that industry! He has his reasons and I dun blame him. But after so many years (since primary) the fact that my passion still stays, it makes a HUGE statement! Maybe I could just try to get into Country Road or Just Jeans or David Jones logistics department, its still exposure to the industry and i can learn the back-end operations on how to fully run a retail store~ What my contacts are, who are the networks, and what areas of business I need to focus on... Afterall, retailing is still business~ Designing or not, at the end of the day, everyone is still in business~

When i finish this degree at the end of this year... and make a few fascinators to sell creating a sort of portfolio, i hope I can negotiate with dad to loan me 10k and i will work to feed myself and put a roof over my head. *fingerscross* May God guide me and walk this path with me~

God bless ya all~
ZoN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again: おめでとうございます (congratulations!)

So happy that you got a retail job now, since you have always wanted one for ages!

As long as you have the passion there, anything will work out. =)

DL said...

*beamz*

But it also mean I gotta work extra hard for uni work! hahhaaha...